On my morning motorcycle ride the winding roads passed between hills filled with trees painted in the colors of autumn. I stopped in a coffee shop in Oakland, MD enjoying an Americano and couldn’t help but reflect on what an incredible summer I’ve had.
- I have visited friends in Kentucky, Arizona, Arkansas, Indiana, Virginia, and West Virginia; enjoying hours of talking, laughing, and eating.
- I have enjoyed the best parts of my calling performing a wedding in the southwest, speaking to students in the mid-west, and facilitating leadership weekends in the southeast.
- I went on a mission trip to Kiev, Ukraine.
- I saw my favorite band twice. Once with good friends and the other time with two of my kids.
- I took a road trip with my daughter.
- I started a new pilgrimage heading toward a master’s degree with 20 new friends in Portland, OR.
- I went on my first motorcycle trip in five years.
- Tonight I conclude a renewal week at my nephew’s church in West Virginia.
- And there have been many rich moments of kairos between the trips and adventures.
This morning I am overwhelmed with how extremely blessed I am.